To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Error message on dotted chart

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to ProM and don't have much of a JAVA or IT background.  I've installed the ProM Lite1.3 version and then downloaded the local version of packages from http://www.promtools.org/prom6/downloads/prom-lite-1.1-local.zip.  I replaced the .ini file in the 1.3 installation with the version from the local download (updated with PROM_VERSION = Lite1.3) .  

I can open ProM Lite and most of the packages seem to work.  But when I try and look at the dotted chart, I get the error pasted below.

Can anyone suggest a fix for me?

Thanks,

Celia.

Unable to produce the requested visualization

Error Message

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Debug Information for Reporting

Visualizer: Project Log as DottedChart

Stack trace: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture.get(ProMFuture.java:119)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.PluginExecutionResultImpl.synchronize(PluginExecutionResultImpl.java:106)

at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.model.ProMView$1.run(ProMView.java:305)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.PluginDescriptorImpl.execute(PluginDescriptorImpl.java:329)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.doInBackground(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:154)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.doInBackground(ProMFuture.java:56)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

... 1 more

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jfree/chart/plot/Plot

at org.processmining.logprojection.LogProjectionPlugin.visualize(LogProjectionPlugin.java:45)

... 13 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jfree.chart.plot.Plot

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 14 more

Comments

• Hi,m

The problem is that the library containign the missing class has been moved from the ProM Lite 1.1 framework to the BasicUtils package of ProM Lite 1.3. By combining the ProM Lite 1.3 framework with the ProM Lite 1.1 packages, this library is now simply missing.

The best way to solve this would be to download ProM Lite 1.1, and use that version of the framework together with the local packages you downloaded. The framework would then match the packages.

An alternative way (more or of a hack) to get around this is to download the library from https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/browser/Releases/Lite/lib/jfreechart-1.0.19.jar and to add this into the lib folder of ProM Lite 1.3. But then some other libraries might also turn out to be missing.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Thanks Eric.  That's working now :)