To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Losing loop when converting a heuristics net to a Petri net

fordanic
edited March 2015 in ProM 6

I have a set of event logs which contain loops from the last activity to first activity, i.e. after running through a process basicallly the whole process is repeated again in the trace. This is nicely discovered by the heuristics miner, see the attached image of the heuristics net.

The problem occurcs when I convert the heuristics net to a Petri net, see attached image of Petri net.

Well, I still have a loop back to the beginning but it doesn't go between the last activity (ArtificialEnd) and the start activity (SetCurrentExam).

Any suggestions as to why this happens?

HN.png 40.7K
PN.png 102.6K

Answers

• Hello!
    when I use the plugin (convert to petri net using regions) within prom6.11 to convert transition system(with options: not limit collection size, not limit transition size) . it does not output any thing and the processing continue run for ever. as it is shown in the attach of the screen shoot for the processing

1.png 32.2K