To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Documentation of coments in source code

Hey all!

I searched in the forum, but maybe i used some wrong keywords, or there is no article about "how to document the source code". I found some notations like @Plugin. Are there any rules or syntax, how the code must be document?
Are there any codestyles or rules to get an plugin established in the final prom version?

Thank you!

Kind regards

Comments

• Hi,

Do you have a package that you want to have included as an established package in ProM releases. If so, which package do you wan to have included?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,

thank you for your answer. My goal is, to bring the Package Prime Miner into a final version in the next 6 months. So I need to know, what are the requirements and what things must be changed in this package. I am going for a reimplementiation of the prime miner.

Thank you,
    kind regards!
  • Hi,

Ok, thanks, that makes it more clear for me.

We will need to get you an account for the ProM SVN repository. For that, I need your email address, preferably one from the Fernuni Hagen. Can you please send me (h.m.w.verbeek@tue.nl) this email address?

The PrimeMiner package already contains a folder structure and a "Prime Miner" plugin in the plugins folder. What we advocate to do is to separate any GUI related issues from the Prime miner algorithm itself. As such, we advocate to first create a method that takes the necessary input (an event log, I assume) and necessary parameters and that runs then on its own to the end. Note that these parameters should allow the algorithm to run to the end. This method is typically implemented in its own class in the algorithms folder, whereas the parameters go in their own class into the parameters folder. If this is done, then you can create your first headless plugin by calling the method with default parameters settings, and a second headless plugin that takes the parameters as additional input and calls the method with the input and the provided parameters. Next, you can create a dialog that allows the user to change the parameter values, and create a GUI plugin that creates a default parameters object, pops up the dialog to allow the user to change the parameter values, and then run the method with these parameters.

As for coding style, please follow the Java Code Convention. But for the remainder, you are free to implement (and comment) your sources in the way you see fit. If it works for you, that's fine.

If you need to include third-party libraries, please let me know. As ProM already contains many third-party libraries in its landscape, it is possible that the library you need is already available.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,

many thanks for your time and help.
    I have sent an email to you!

Kind regards!