To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Exception using Plugin "Conformance Checking of Petri Net With Data"

Hello,

I am running into an exception using the plugin "Conformance Checking of Petri Net With Data" out of the "DataAwareReplayer" package. When I apply the plugin to a data petri net and an xes log I always get the following exception:

"java.lang.ClassCastException: org.processmining.models.graphbased.directed.petrinetwithdata.newImpl.PetriNetWithData cannot be cast to org.processmining.models.graphbased.directed.petrinet.Petrinet"

I am using Java 8 as recommended and already tried with different versions of ProM, but the error remains. I tried on Windows as well as a Linux OS.

I'd be very grateful for any advice!

Answers

• Hello Nico,

I guess this particular plugin is an older plugin that has not been updated for some time now. Indeed, it assumes it can cast the input net to a Petrinet if needed. This may happen in some of the older plugins.

is it possible for you to use the "Conformance Checking of DPN (Balanced)" plugin instead? That one is more recent.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer! I should have mentioned my use case. Of course your suggestion would be an option, however I especially want to apply different data-aware conformance checking methods and compare their results.

Best regards,
    Nico
  • Hi Nico,

You could try to first run the "Conformance Checking of DPN (Balanced)" plugin and then the "Conformance Checking of Petri Net With Data" plugin on the same inputs.

The latter plugin checks whether a replay result is already present for the inputs. If not, it starts a replay where it does the erroneous cast. This way, you may be able to prevent this cast. However, I'm not sure whether the plugins can share the same replay result, but it may be worth a try.

As an alternative, I could try to fix the erroneous casts, but then you would have to use the ProM Nightly Build rather than some released version. This is not ideal, as the ProM Nightly Build is a moving target: Today's results may be different from yesterday's results.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi Eric,

I just tried the first option, unfortunately this does not fix the issue.

If you could manage to fix the cast error in a nightly build, that would be a great option for me. Many thanks for your efforts!

Kind regards,
    Nico
  • Hi Nico,

I've just released version 6.11.8 of the DataAwareReplayerLGPL package, that contains this plugin without the problematic casts (and where a null guard expression is treated as a "true" guard expression). On the simple example I tried, the plugin now returns a result.

This new version will become available to the Package Manager of the ProM Nightly Build some time later this afternoon.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Thank you very much Eric! Using the nightly build the plugin works now :)