To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

missing articles about plugins

Dear Community,

I would like to know the algorithms behind the following plugins: Mine Transition System, Multiperspective Miner, Trace Miner, Flower Miner.
Unfortunately, I could not find any suitable articles. Does anyone have suitable links to the respective articles?

Many thanks in advance
Best regards 
Laura

Comments

• Hi Laura,

For the Transition System Miner, please have a look at W. M. P. van der Aalst, V. Rubin, H. M. W. Verbeek, B. F. van Dongen, E. Kindler, and C. W. Günther, “Process mining: a two-step approach to balance between underfitting and overfitting,” Software and systems modeling (sosym), vol. 9, iss. 1, pp. 87-111, 2010, which is available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10270-008-0106-z.

For the Multiperspective miner, please have a look at Mannhardt, F. (2018). Multi-perspective process mining. In W. van den Aalst, F. Casati, R. Conforti, M. de Leoni, M. Dumas, A. Kumar, J. Mendling, S. Nepal, B. Pentland, … B. Weber (Eds.), Proceedings of the Dissertation Award, Demonstration, and Industrial Track at BPM 2018: Sydney, Australia, September 9-14, 2018. (pp. 41-45). (CEUR Workshop Proceedings; No. 2196). CEUR-WS.org. As an alternative, you could have a look at the PhD thesis of Felix Mannhardt: Mannhardt, F. (2018). Multi-perspective process mining. Eindhoven: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven.

The Trace and Flower miners are base miners. I think they are described in the Process Mining book of Wil van der Aalst.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi eric,

many thanks

Kind regards
    Laura