To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

There are some problems with the Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plug-in

2»

Comments

• Hi,Eric.
    The following error occurred when I exported the CPN file to the PNML file according to the method you said. Could you help me solve it?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah

• Hi,Eric.
    The following error occurred when I exported the CPN file to the PNML file according to the method you said. Could you help me solve it?
    Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi Hannah,

Can you send me the CPNXML file you imported?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hannah
    edited April 2021
    Hi,Eric.
    In the zip package is my CPN file, you may need to unzip it first after downloading it.Could you help me solve it?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

Please provide every place (and every transition as well) with a non-empty name in CPN Tools. The names need not be unique, but they need to be non-empty.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    I will import the PNML file exported as you described in Prom5.2, but I can't import it. Why?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah

• Hi Hannah,

You imported it, but it is empty. I guess this is the problem with the net type.

When exporting the Petrinet from ProM 6, please use the "EPNML Files" exporter:

This will export to a slightly different PNML file, where places and transitions are not necessarily contained in a page.

Then import the exported file in ProM 5.2.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

P.S.: I agree that this is all a bit troublesome. But the PNML standard is not too clear on this, and two different styles of PNML files exist. A tool that is importing a PNML file, needs to make assumptions which style is used in the PNML file.
  • Hi,Eric.
    I have a question about CPNTool. My model is as follows. I have duplicate tasks D, why does one of the repeating task D have a red shadow?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah

• Hi Hannah,

The red shadow indicates a problem with the corresponding transition. I guess, if you rename the transition to, say, X, the shadow disappears. I do not know exactly by heart, but it seems that CPN Tools has issues with transitions having the same name.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Can't CPNTOOL build duplicate tasks?So what tools should I use to build Petri nets with duplicate tasks?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

You can model duplicate tasks, but CPN Tools warns you about it using the shadow. You can also simulate the net if you want, and both transitions will work as expected.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.

Why can't the PNML files I exported using Prom6.10 be as ordered as the following?

In addition, I placed the exported PNML file in Prom5.2 and showed it as an invisible task.

Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • hverbeek
    edited May 2021
    Hi Hannah,

ProM 5.2 requires additional information in the <toolspecific> element for a transition to be visible. In short, there should be a <logevent> element with a <name> and a <type>. If these are present, the transition will be shown as a visible transition. Adding something like "<logevent><name>register</name><type>start</type></logevent>" to a transition in the <toolspecific> element in the PNML file should make the transition visible (and linked to the "register+start" event).

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Do you mean that the Petri net I built with CPN cannot import Prom5.2?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

As mentioned, ProM 5.2 relies on the information in the <toolspecific> element to decide whether or not a transition is visible. You can import the Petri net, but most likely all transitions will be invisible (shown black). Being the <toolspecific> element, my guess is that only ProM 5.2 (or one of its predecessors) exports a Petri net to a PNML file with this information included.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Why can't the PNML files I export from Prom6.10 be as ordered as the files below?Kind regards,
    Hannah

• Hi Hannah,

Because we figured people would use an XML editor (like XML Notepad) to view XML-based files like PNML files, we did not spend time on pretty print it. The XML editor can do that much better.

Cheers,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Do you know of any way to calculate the runtime of the ConformAce Check plugin in Prom5.2?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

I'm sorry, but I do not know. As far as I can tell, the plugin does not measure how long it takes.

Kind regards,
    Eric.