To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

There are some problems with the Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plug-in

When I use A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net Plug-in to generate the composite event log, what format should I input the Petri Net in?I use some Petri Net drawing tools. For example, the Petri Net drawn by Wolfgang cannot be opened in PROM. How should I build the model?
Looking forward to your reply

Comments

• Hi,

The Petri net should be stored in a PNML file.

Can Wolfgang export the Petri net to a PNML file?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Thank you for your reply.

Wolfgang can export the Petri Net to a PNML file.

I want to generate some composite logs. What tools should I use to build Petri Net?

Looking forward to your reply.

• Hi,

Can you tell me what now happens when you try to import the PNML file in ProM?

If the net gets imported, but is empty, then chances are that there is an issue with the net type in the PNML file. Could you please try the following:

1. Open the PNML file using your favorite text editor.
    2. Look for the type attribute of the net element, like:
    This net element should be a child of the pnml element, and should be near the beginning of the file.
    3. Change the net type to "PTNet":
    <net id="net1" type="PTNet">
    4. Save the PNML file.
    5. Import the PNML file in ProM.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hannah
    edited April 2021
    Hi,Eric.

I modified the PNML file in the way you described, but an error occurred when importing in Prom6.10. The error information is as follows. My PNML file is in the attachment.The PNML file could not be uploaded, so I changed its name format to TXT

Or can you recommend a tool for building Petri nets so that I can generate the event logs I want.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Hannah.

• Hi Hannah,

I do not see any attachments?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Sorry, I have re-uploaded the file.

Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi Hannah,

It seems that ProM does not recognize the "transparent" color you are using. If you provide all objects with a proper color, then ProM imports the file.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Can you tell me a tool that can draw Petri nets?
    Or is there another way to generate a composite log

Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi Hannah,

I use CPN Tools (see http://cpntools.org/) when I need to create a Petri net. ProM can import a file created by CPN Tools, but will abstract from color and such. As long as you do not really use color in CPN Tools, you should be fine. ProM can also export to CPN Tools, so if you discover a Petri net in ProM, you can edit it using CPN Tools.

For the import from CPN Tools to be available, you need to have the CPNet package installed in ProM 6.10.

Cheers,
    Eric.

• Hi,Eric.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi,Eric.
    The following error occurred when I was creating the PNML model using CPN Tools.When I opened it in the Prom, I reported the following error.
  • Hi Hannah,

You saved the Petri net as a .cpn file, and imported it in ProM? Can you share the .cpn file? The exception does not ring a bell for me.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hannah
    edited April 2021
    Hi,Eric.
    I saved a PNML file in CPN, but it still can't be opened in PROM.
    Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi,Eric.
    I did not find the related papers of Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plug-in, could you please send them to me?

Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi Hannah,

There is no need to save to PNML in CPN Tools, ProM can import the CPN file. I never use the PNML export in CPN Tools. Note that you do need ProM 6.10 (or ProM Lite 1.3) with the CPNet package installed for the CPN  import plugin to be available.

There are no papers on the Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plugin. The plugin is fairly simple: It takes a couple of parameters (like number of traces to generate and the arrival rate), and generates a log with the provided number of traces by simulating the model that many times.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi,Eric.

Are you referring to CPN Tools as a package in PROM PM?What else do I need to download?

How to use CPN file to generate log

Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi Hannah,

No, CPN Tools is a separate tool that you can use to model Colored Petri Nets. But you can also use it to model uncolored Petri nets. The usual format for CPN Tools to save files is the CPN file format (.cpn). You need to download and install a recent version of CPN Tools next to ProM.

ProM 6.10 (and ProM Lite 1.3) can import such an exported CPN file if the CPNet package has been installed, and they can also export a Petri net to a CPN file if the PetriNets package has been installed. In ProM 6.10 (or ProM Lite 1.3), you need to install the CPNet and PetriNets package using the ProM PM.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • 嗨,埃里克。
    无法将我的CPN文件输入到执行(随机的)Petri Net插件的 执行简单模拟过程中。

亲切的问候,
    汉娜。
  • Hi Hannah,

Perhaps somehow I fail to grasp what now exactly your problem is. My suggestion for you it to do the following:
    1. Create (or edit) a Petri net using CPN Tools, and save it as a CPN file (.cpn). For this step, you nee dot have installed CPN Tools.
    2. Import the CPN file in ProM 6.10, which creates a Petri net in ProM. For this step, you need to have installed ProM 6.10 including the CPNet package.
    3. Run the Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plugin on the imported Petri net, specify the parameters, and then hit the Continue button. For this step, you need to have installed ProM 6.10 including the StochasticPetriNets package.
    The result of the third step is an event log containing as many traces from the imported Petri net as you have specified.

Which step now fails for you?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    When I select the CPN file, erform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plugin cannot be selected in the plug-in.

Kind regards,
    Hannah.
  • Hi Hannah,

Thanks, that helps, I'm beginning to see the light now.

Please use the "Import Petri net from CPNXML file" import plugin to import the CPN file. This imports a regular Petri net from the CPN file, on which you can then run the "Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net" plugin.

You have now imported the CPN model as a ColouredPetriNet, on which the "Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net plugin" plugin does not work.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi,Eric.

Thank you for your help. I have imported the CPN file according to the steps you said

Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stochastic) Petri Net cannot be used. What is the problem?

Kind regards,
    Eric.

?

• Hi Hannah,

You have again imported a ColouredPetriNet, indicating that you used another import plugin. When importing a file, you get the option to select which import plugin to use for that file. Please select the "Import Petri net from CPNXML file" import plugin:

If you only have the "CPN Tools model" import plugin, you should install the CPNet package using the ProM Package Manager. Please note that you need to use ProM 6.10 or ProM Lite 1.3.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi,Eric.
    Thank you for your help. I have imported the CPN file according to the steps you mentioned, and successfully ran the Perform A Simple Simulation of A (Stokney) Petri Net plug-in, but there is no task information in the log information displayed.All events are 0. Could you please help me below?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

In CPN Tools, please add a token to the leftmost place. Your net is now dead.

Please select the leftmost place, which auto-selects the field to change the name of the place. Now press the TAB key once, which selects the field to change the initial marking of the place. Enter the expression "1`()" (without the double quotes) in this field to add one initial token to this place.

Then save again to the CPN file, and import the file again in ProM, etc.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    Thanks for your help. With your help, I have successfully realized the generation of synthesis log
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi,Eric.

I had some new problems, and I wrote my own conformance checking algorithm.But my algorithm can only input Petri Net in.pnml file format.How do I convert Petri Net from.cpn format to.pnml file format?

I tried to export the CPN file open in the PROM as a PNML file format, but I had the following error.

Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

I don't know what the exact required inputs are for your plugin, but given your description it should be a Petrinet. Whether this Petrinet was imported from a PNML file, form a CPNXML file, or was discovered from some event log, does not matter.

You should not write a plugin that takes a PNML file as input. We have PNML importers that import from Petrinets from PNML files, and then your plugin should use the imported Petrinet as input. But your plugin should not assume the Petrinet was imported from a PNML file.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi,Eric.
    My plug-in is not yet integrated into the PROM tool, I can only execute my plug-in from Java script, my plug-in input is a Petri net and an event log, but my code can only input Petri net in.pnml format, but my drawing using CPN tool can not be saved in.pnml format.So how do I construct a Petri net in.pnml format?
    Kind regards,
    Hannah
  • Hi Hannah,

You can import the CPNXML file in ProM, export the resulting Petri net to PNML file, and then import that PNML file in your plugin.

Kind regards,
    Eric.