To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Where I can find the "Event Log Quality Check" plugin?

Right now I am working on a method to extract events log from non process aware information systems. To validate my research I want to prove that the quality of extracted event log are enough to apply process mining.
I read the thesis [1], and the author  proposes a  ProM's plugin to evaluate the logs quality. The problem is that I cannot find this plugin in the repositories.
I talked with the author and he told me that: when he made the thesis, the plugin wasn't ready for their ProM-standards at that time and he is unsure whether they actually took the development further to make it ProM-worthy.
There is a way to access to these plugin, or at least to the code?

[1] Rick Verhulst, “Evaluating quality of event data within event logs: an extensible framework,” Master Thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, 2016.

Abraham Calas
PhD Student at Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas. Cuba.

Answers

• kfgz087
    edited August 2018
    Dear dogcalas,

I general, your can download the ProM nightly builds, install the package (including the target pugin) in the package manager (run PackageManager.bat) and search the plugin in ProM (run ProM.bat).

I read the paper you attached. In ProM nightly builds, I did not find the plugin or possible packages including the plugin. The name “Event Log Quality Check” indicated by the author seems not the package name but the name of the plugin. It is necessary to know the package name include the plugin.

Besides, the codes of all available plugins are at https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages/.
    Guangming Li
    PhD student in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • kfgz087.
    Apparently the author forgot the plugin after he finished his thesis. I wrote in the forum with the hope of some of the supervisors or any other related person give me any thoughts about the plugin. 
    Abraham Calas
  • Hi Abraham,

The sources of the plug-in can be found in the sandbox "RickVerhulst" package: https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages/RickVerhulst/Trunk. As sandbox packages are excluded from the ProM Nightly Build, this plug-in has not found its way into a Nightly Build.

Note that the package has not been maintained for some time now, so it may not run immediately. But at least the sources are there.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Thanks @hverbeek , right now I am running ProM with the plugin. It took me a while to make it work because I am using Intellij Idea IDE. 
    What requirements are needed to put the plugin in the regular package repository?
    Abraham Calas
  • Hello @dogcalas, were you able to upload and include the "Event Log Quality Check" plugin?
  • No, I just downloaded it and used it.
    Abraham Calas
  • Hi @dogcalas

I am currenlty using ProM 6.6. Can you help me with the implentation of the Plugin that has been discussed? 

I had tried using the nighty plugin and it is not working. Your hlep is much appticiated. 

Many Thanks.

• As the package that contains this plugin never has been released, there is no easy way to install this package in ProM 6.6 (or any other ProM release).

I've now created a new LogQualityCheck package that contains the plugin, and have released that package. That means that it will become available in the ProM Nightly Build within an hour.

To install the package, please run the ProM Package Manager of the Nightly Build (PackageManager.bat), go to the "Not installed"tab, select the "LogQualityCheck" package, and then select the "Install" button. You can then close the Package Manager and start ProM itself. The plugin should now be there.

If the LogQualityCheck package does not show, please try again a bit later. As said, it may take an hour for it to become available.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Deat @hverbeek

That worked and thank you for your help. 

I have a small doubt. I installed the proM nightly build and did the installation steps mentioned in http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=nightly. The doubt here is will I find the installed package in the ProM version (ProM 6.6) that I had been using so far or will I be finding the package only in the ProM batch file that was in the nightly build? 

Regards, 
    Hanna.

• You will not find the new package in ProM 6.6. When ProM 6.6 was released, its collection of packages was fixed. Adding a package to or changing a package in ProM 6.6 is not possible.

You will only find this new package in the ProM Nightly Build.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Dear @hverbeek,

Yes. Got it! Thank you for helping me out. 

Regards, 
    Hanna.