To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Distinction between mechine learning models and process models

I am having a confusion about machine learning models and process models. What I know is machine learning models are for prediction but on contrary process models are the ones that are the actual models based upon the actual data.

I need further clear cut distinction here. We perform feature selection in machine learning to predict variables that result in best model accuracy. What equal analogy exist in process mining. I mean let say I want to divide the event log data for clustering the traces of an event log. Can I use machine learning features extraction and feature selection techniques or I have to develop custom feature extraction and selection techniques that leads to selection of best features. What should be the criteria to evaluate features selection for best clustering?

Comments