To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

The application “ProM-Lite-1.2” can’t be opened

I encountered the error when I ran the downloaded package in a MacOS Catalina 10.15.3. Please help. Thanks. 

Comments

• Hi,

Without additional information, there is not a lot I can say.

One possible issue on MacOS is that you cannot simply doubleclick the ProMLite12.sh shell script file to start ProM, as this typically starts some debugger on MacOS.

Another possible issue is that you are using Java 9 or later. If so, you can edit the ProMLite12.sh file by adding the following option to the line that starts the Java VM for ProM:

-Djava.system.class.loader=org.processmining.framework.util.ProMClassLoader

If this does not work, could you please start a command shell, got to the folder where you have installed ProM Lite 1.2, and then start ProM using the command "./ProMLite12.sh". This should show additional diagnostic infomation as output in the command shell. This output may contain useful clues for solving the problem.

Kind regards,
    Eric.