To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Export-to-Disk issue with ProM 6.9 on OSX 10.15 (Catalina)

Export-to-Disk issue with ProM 6.9 on OSX 10.15 (Catalina) 

Hi, I am trailing ProM6.9 on a Mac, using the 'bundle app: ProM 6.9 with 64-bit JRE8'.
I start my ProM application from command line (./ProM69.sh) and it starts and runs OK.
But when I want to save an result set (XES event log) to disk (Resource tab > button 'Export to disk'), the application throws a java error: "Error with export of /User/../../prom-6.9-all-platforms/export1.xes: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"
There is actually an empty (0 bytes) file created on the target location (=good!), but the file is empty (=NOT good).

Maybe the java process does not have enough privileges to write to file?
(but apparently is allowed to create empty file?)

I also tested by starting the java program from command line as sudo: 'sudo ./ProM69.sh' but this does not help (same error)

Any help is welcome, as saving intermediate result-sets is quite important.

Many thanks,

W'tz

Comments

• Hi W'tz,

Can you try to export your file to a different folder on your hard disk? The OS may just protect the ProM folder as it belongs to an app. Some OSs restrict access to such folders.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks, but no, same error if I try to export to Desktop or any other folder...