To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Make Plugins Bootable

Is it possible to make plugins (other than UITopia) bootable?
I want to use a plugin without opening UITopia. The plugin its self has it's own UI. Is it possible to make it bootable?  

Answers

• Hi,

Could you be a bit more specific? You mention that the plugin "has it's own UI". Every plugin uses a PluginContext as first parameter, and this context determines whether the plugin can use a UI or not: If the first parameter is of class UIPluginContext, then it can (may) use a UI, otherwise, it can (should) not.

What kind of context is your plugin actually using?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

By the sentence "has it's own UI" I meant it uses UIPluginContext as a parameter.
    I have no idea what happens when I make such a plugin (without using UITopia) bootable.

Bests,
    Mustafa
  • Hi Mustafa,

To be able to call the plugin method, you need a UIPluginContext. UITopia provides you with such a context, but if you do not want to use UITopia, you should yourself provide it with a proper context.

Why do you want to run the plug-in outside of UITopia?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • There is some restrictions on my project in which I am developing a plugin for people who have very short knowledge about using a software like prom. Also teaching them how to use, wont be efficient. I just want to make everything easy for them and minimize interaction with software.
    Would you please give me some hints to do the project?

Bests,
    Mustafa
  • Hi Mustafa,

Of course there is the option to install only those ProM packages that you really need.

Apart from that, I would not know how to run a UIPluginContext plugin outside of UITopia. Plugins that require only a PluginContext context, can be run from a command-line quite easily, but then you cannot use a GUI.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hi Mustafa,

Of course there is the option to install only those ProM packages that you really need.

Apart from that, I would not know how to run a UIPluginContext plugin outside of UITopia. Plugins that require only a PluginContext context, can be run from a command-line quite easily, but then you cannot use a GUI.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Thanks a lot.
    I will work on it and if I found out anything, will mention here for future usages.