To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

import excel files

Hey everyone,

I am a recent user of the ProM tools and I am trying to import a event log recorded in a excel file but for some reason i can't find a import plug in in ProM which is suitable for the job . Any sugestions? Thank you all 

Comments

• Hi,

ProM can import CSV files, bot not XLS or XLSX files. Please save your excel file as a CSV file.

The header row should contain the attribute names. Every following row contains the attribute values for a single event. Hence, columns correspond to attributes, rows to events.

The importer will import the CSV file, after which you can convert it to an even log. During the conversion, you can select the important columns, like the case ID, the event name, and the timestamp of the event.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

Thank you for the support. I managed to import the csv format of my event log. However I only have the date daily , I have no start and finninsh times for the activities, it will be a problem with the XES format right ? 

best regards
  • Hi,

Having only a single timestamp is not a problem for XES. However, some ProM plug-ins may require a start and finish time for activities. These plug-ins will not work properly if you only have one timestamp for an activity. But most plug-ins will just work.

Kind regards,

Eric.