To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to save model as image

jaclaes
edited March 2011 in - Usage
Hi

Is it possible to save the visualisations as image (e.g. jpg)? How can I do this?

If not, maybe this can be implemented in the ProM framework (e.g. under the export to disk button)? It should be very easy to save the Java 'graphics' to an image (of a size that is larger then my screen resolution)...

Best regards

Jan Claes
Ghent University, Belgium
http://processmining.ugent.be

Comments

• Dear Jan,

I agree with you and have created a ticket with this request.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Eric has implemented this functionality for process models (Petri Nets, Heuristic Nets, etc.).

Tip: zoom in before you export your model, this will increase the quality.

See his announcement of yesterday: http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/94/prom-developers-new-version-of-prom-framework-update-build-path
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hey Joos,

I wanted to use some models in my Document and tried to export it. I saw the post of Eric but could not manage to find the export functionality. I assume he implemented it under the "Export to Disk" Button in the resource view? I tried the nightly build as well as a fresh fetch from the repository. I checked that the new libraries (I assume he is talking about the freehp-* jars) are available and in the build path. But without any effect. I am still just able to export PNML files for Petrinets. Do you have some hints to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help

Lukas
  • Hi Lukas,

Eric did not implement it under the "export to disk" function.
    When you have a Petri Nets (etc.) open you now have a save as function on the bottom left of the visualization.

If you don't see this option then you might need to update your ProM packages.

Let me know if it works!
    Joos Buijs

• lubken
    edited May 2011
    For all who had the same Problem, I found the solution:

The export is not located at the Export to Disk Button, but in the visualization of the model. In the lower left corner there is a new button "Export" when you can see the model.

However I expected something different. I exported the file as eps but I basically just got a image export with eps conversion. Would be nice to have vector graphics where possible.

Regards

Lukas

EDIT: Thanks for the fast reply. Yea, I found it  :)

Do you have an idea if i get the underlying data somehow? The PNML export cannot be imported by Woped.
  • Is there a way to save the model as a vector such that I can open it in a image processing tool (such as Inkscape) to polish the model to be included for publications/presentations?

So far, all my attempts to export the model as a PDF/SVG/EPS have delivered an image in the corresponding format but with no further possibility to edit it.

Cheers,
    Rahul