To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM 6.8 installation

Hello Team,

I have just started learning about process mining and ProM tool.
I am having trouble while installing ProM 6.8 on Ubuntu 16.04.

I will be grateful if I can get a step by step installation guide.

Thanks in advance,
Pritam Patnaik

Comments

• @anindita.bhowmik Hello, Anindita, can you please help me with this
  • First step would be to start the ProM 6.8 Package Manager. This is typically done by invoking the ProMPM68.sh shell script from a command line.

Second step would be to select the package(s) you need (selecting the RunnerUpPackages would be typical here), and to install these packages.

Please let us know whether this works for you so far.

Please note that it is now holiday season here, and answers may not come quickly. Please be patient.
  • Thanks a lot, it works.

• hverbeek said:
    First step would be to start the ProM 6.8 Package Manager. This is typically done by invoking the ProMPM68.sh shell script from a command line.

Second step would be to select the package(s) you need (selecting the RunnerUpPackages would be typical here), and to install these packages.

Please let us know whether this works for you so far.

Please note that it is now holiday season here, and answers may not come quickly. Please be patient.
    Hello, I've tried all versions of ProM but in all cases when I click on ProM PM just the first picture appears and the software does not open. what's the problem?
  • Please have a look at the sections called "An installation procedure that should work" on http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:start.

By following this procedure, you are able to keep track of what ProM is doing while starting up.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Thanks all. This issue is resolved now