To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM Lite 1.2 on Mac

Hi all,
I'm encountering issues installing ProM Lite 1.2 on Mac. I overcome some issues by changing the PROM_USER_FOLDER in the Prom.ini file to an absolute folder /tmp, but now when the app launches and I go to import an .xes file, I get a "No Import plugins available". Please help!

Luis

Answers

• All good. I figured it out. Changing the PROM_USER_FOLDER to be blank did the trick. Strangely, this is meant to be the default (blank) but it wasn't in my download. Steps below for those who need some guidance:

1. Download and uncompress ProM Lite 1.2.
    2. Right-click the application just uncompressed, “ProM-Lite-1.2” and select “Show Package Contents”.
    3. Navigate to Contents->Resources
    4. Right-click the file “ProM.ini” and select Open With->Other…
    5. Locate your Applications folder if not already selected, then locate the application “TextEdit”. Click Open.
    6. Look for "PROM_USER_FOLDER ="  and make sure there is nothing after the = on that line.
    7. Save the changes to the file, and go back to the location of the ProM Lite 1.2 application. Double-click to launch.
    8. This will take a while as it downloads all packages, depending on the internet speed. Mine took about 15min.

Cheers
    Luis