To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Convert sound Petri Net to Process Tree

Has there been any research on converting a sound Petri net to a Process Tree? If it's not possible why?

Comments

• Hi,

To my best knowledge, there are some related works that answer your questions.
    First, you can convert a Petri net to the so-called RPST (refined process structure tree). Note that RPSR is slightly different from the process tree.  Refer to the paper https://bpt.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/pub/Public/ArtemPolyvyanyy/PVV_WSFM10.pdf for more detail.
    Then, there is a tool implementation in ProM that named "Generating RPST from Accepting Petri net" that support this transformation.

Hope it helps.
    All the best,
    Cong 

• In general, this is not possible. See, for example, the following sound WF net:
    The structure of this net is too complex to be captured by a process tree (given the current set of operator nodes).

Kind regards,

Eric.