To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

shouldn't xesext.xsd allow for nested attributes?

Wiebe
edited March 2011 in Event Logs
Hi all,

I am wondering why the xesext.xsd does not permit xesextensions with nested attributes, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xesextension name="Test" prefix="test" uri="file://D:/test.xesext">
  <trace>
    <string key="element">
      <alias mapping="EN" name="an element"/>
      <string key="type">
        <alias mapping="EN" name="the type"/>
      </string>
      <float key="amount">
        <alias mapping="EN" name="an amount"/>
      </float>
    </string>
  </trace>
</xesextension>

Has anyone else had the need to create such extensions or have an explanation or know how it can be done?

Comments

• Hi Wiebe,

An extension can define nested by defining them on the 'meta' level. This defines an attribute to belong to another attribute, regardles the level of that attribute (e.g. you don't distinguish between the levels of a meta attribute).

An example of an extension that uses the meta attribute level is the semantic extension that allows semantic references even for (sub)*attributes.

I hope this answers your question.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

It does answer my question, thanks. :)

Wiebe