To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How can I solve “choose only activity char streams profile”?

Hi, everyone.
I want to cluster traces from event log,and I have find that prom5.2 have more functions about it.
But when I want to run it,A message appears: “choose only activity char streams profile”
How can I solve it?

In fact,I just want to use the method of trace cluster to get some sublogs from the original event log.How can I  finish it?
I have used prom6"trace cluster "piug-in,but still can't get the result that I want.Can anyone help?It is very important for me cause it relates to my paper.
Thank you very much in advance!
1.png 15.5K
2.png 16.9K
3.png 4.7K

Comments

• Hi Tang,

I think the message means that on the left-hand side you need to disable all profile configurations except the activity char streams profile.

Please let me know if this works. And good with the paper.

PS: did you try the MCL clustering algorithm in ProM 6? Might work as well!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

Thank you for you advice,and it works.The picture below is what I got.

And  I think the significance of trace cluster is split event logs into some subsets,and  deal with them separately.(often create a process model),That is exactly what I want to do.But how can I export these subsets?

I met the same question in prom6(MCL clustering algorithm).

And in prom6,only MCL clustering algorithm be retained,does it means that this is the best clustering algorithm for the "trace"?

In the paper"Discovering deviating cases and process variants using trace clustering",it has been proved that this method is better than others.

Thank you in advance! you advice really helps.
  • Hi,

In ProM 5.2 there might be an extra option in the file menu (on the top) once you look at the clusters to export a cluster or all clusters.

In MCL I think you now know how to export sublogs.

It depends on your purpose which method will work best so I suggest to try both.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thank Joos!
    And it works.