To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Inductive Visual Miner error

Hi everybody,
when I run the Inductive Visual Miner plug-in I get the following error: "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working". How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

Comments

• Hi Talion,

Could you run ProM from the .bat file and share the output on the console (preferrably by starting the Command prompt in the ProM folder, and then run
    promlite1.2.bat > out.log
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Ok! You can find in attachment the log.
  • Hi Talion,

could you try to do the same not in ProM 6.7 but in ProM lite 1.2? This contains a slightly newer Inductive Miner plug-in which might have this issue fixed.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • I have obtained the same also for ProM lite 1.2. In Attachmend you can find the log
  • sjjleemans
    edited October 2017
    Hmm, unfortunately this log does not tell us much. Maybe these steps can point out something:

1) Do you see something of the Inductive visual Miner before you get this error message? Like a message "mining model" or even a model?
    2) Which version of Windows are you using? 32 or 64 bits?
    3) Could you try to run 'Discover a process tree using Inductive Miner' on your event log, and do you get shown a result?
    4) Can you visualise this result using the graphviz visualiser (in the visualisation, there's a combox at the top of the screen).
    Sander Leemans
    Assistant Processor (Lecturer) at Queensland University of Technology
    Author of the visual Miner and Inductive Miner