To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Alpha Algorithm

Mousavi
edited February 2011 in - Usage

Dear friends,

Are there any extensions or versions of alpha algorithm that work without the assumotion of completeness ?

With best regards

Mousavi

Update Joos: moved to correct category and removed 'announcement' status

Comments

• JBuijs
    edited February 2011
    Dear Mousavi,

I don't think that there are extensions of the Alpha algorithm that are able to relax that assumption.
    I don't think that there are many plug-ins out there that can relax that assumption.

Why do you need it?
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,

you are right .

Thanks

• Dear Joos Buijs,

You are right .

Thanks alot

• To contribute to the discussion for future readers, the following phrase comes from the Wikipedia article on the Alpha Algorithm.

It can be shown that in the case of a complete workflow log generated by a sound SWF net, the net generating it can be reconstructed. Complete means that its \succ_W relation is maximal. It is not required that all possible traces be present (which would be countably infinite for a net with a loop).

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology