To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

The transformed log after applying pattern abstraction plugin?

Lisana
edited April 2014 in Event Logs

Dear all,
After applying the Pattern Abstraction plugin over a an event log, you can save the transformed log with a specific name but without specifying the type of file, e.g. mxml file.
The problem is that when i try to import this transformed log i cannot imported it, it shows me an error..
can u pls tell me what to do?

thnx

Answers

• Hi Lisana , 

have you solved this problem ?
    if so please tell me I'm facing the same problem.

thanks.

• Hi all,

Could you please provide in more detail what you do and which error you get?
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • My problem sounds similar to this experience.  I am following the ProM 6.2 tutorial http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=tutorial:answers.  When it asks to use Pattern Abstractions to abstract frequent paths  in step 5 of "mining case-related information..." you click transform log to get the result, it pops up with a window to name the file, and i give it something like file.xes.  It created a file and a folder with xes.gz files in it.  

When I then try to import file.xes I get and Import failed message that's quite long.  It says "Could not open log file, possible cause com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 Sequence"
  • Hi Adam,

Off the top of my head, the exported event log contains a specific structure (e.g. an event could include the 'subtrace' of events that it contains after the abstraction).
    This is not supported by the standard event logs, and hence also not by the standard event log importers in ProM. When importing there should be a pop-up asking you how you would like to load the file. Does this contain any option mentioning the pattern abstractions?

NOTE: ProM 6.2 works, but is outdated (I guess from around 2012). We do a yearly release and are close to release ProM 6.7. Furthermore, ProM lite contains a selection of the most relevant and best tested plug-ins. In your case you might want to stick to ProM 6.2 but for others reading: please use ProM lite or the latest ProM 6 version.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology