To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Trace Clustering

Hi

I came across Song et al 2008: Trace Clustering in Process Mining. This paper presents an approach on how to cluster traces based on their activity profile. The paper mentions that this approach has been implemented in ProM, but I cannot find the respective plug in. Does anyone how I can test their approach on my event log?
The only plugin I can find that does trace clustering is B.F.A. Hompes' "Cluster Traces using Markov clustering". Unfortunately, I can't find a research paper to that plug-in.

Can anyone help?

Rolf

Comments

• Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your question.

I'm afraid the implementation of Song et al. is available in ProM 5.2 (although I'm not sure how the plug-in is called), and not in ProM 6.

The paper of Hompes et al. can be found here:
    http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1527/paper7.pdf

Hope this helps!

PS: there is another topic on the forum on trace clustering, this might also provide some further details.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology