To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Import a log in Prom6

Mousavi
edited January 2011 in ProM 6
Dear friends,
I use Prom6 as a developer.After I run when I want toimport a log ,an error appear :

"Error with import of C:/log.mxml: java.lang.exception :no process instances contained in log !"
I'm sure that the log has process instances,I dont know what is the problem !
Do you know what is the problem? and what can I solve it?
Thanks alot
Mousavi

Update Joos: moved to correct category

Comments

• Dear Mousavi,

Could you upload the file (or part of it, say the first Trace) to the forum?
    We might find the problem that way.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,

which file? log?

• Dear Mousavi,

Yes, it would help if you uploaded your event log (log.mxml) so we can check what caused the error you are experiencing.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,

I think problem isn't the log ,because the log is one of emaple's logs of Prom(outpatientCilnicExample) and always I used it for test my program.I use other logs of example's log ,and I see that error again.you know I think the problem is because of ProM, actually when I run my program, I used the stop button of eclips instead of the close button of Prom's window,after that when I run the program again I saw the errror,and I can't find the problem .
     I hope you can help me.

• Dear Mousavi,

In your user folder (on Windows 7 this is 'C:\Users\USER' there is a '.ProM' subfolder which again contains a subfolder called 'workspace'. Could you try to delete all files in the subfolder 'workspace' (with ProM closed), then start ProM again and see if the error is resolved???

Let us know!
    Joos Buijs

• Dear Joos Buijs,

Thanks for your help.the problem was solved ,but really I dont know how! If I see that problem again I will check your solution .

• Good to hear that the problem was solved.
    Enjoy process mining ;)
    Joos Buijs