To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Getting Started at API level?

sjackson
edited February 2011 in - Development
Hi, 

I'm new to process mining and just played around with ProM for a while from a user perspective. 

However, I'm interested in the internals, especially in the internals of some mining algorithms. Therefore I checked out the code, made it buildable and read the guide for developing Plugins. 

What I'm missing now are test cases! Is there anywhere in the solution for instance some kind of unit test that demonstrates in one place how to assemble log traces and hand them over to a mining package from an API point of view?  

Such as loading an MXML file, handing it over to whatever algorithm with some parameters and retrieving the results all from API calls? I think that would really boost the learning curve and understanding how your components work together. 

Cheers!

Comments

• Dear sjackson,

I do not have an example readily available that works with logs and mining algorithms, but I do have an example that works with Petri nets and the Woflan analysis algorithm. Please see the attached file (zipped Java file) for the details.

The example tests the Woflan analysis algorithm on ten different files. Please note the use of the context.tryToFindOrConstructFirstNamedObject() method, that actually runs the analysis plug-in (or the TPN file import plug-in). The example you're looking for would call this same method, but would require a Log import plug-in and/or a mining plug-in. Note that you'll need the actual name of the plug-ins to have them run (like "Open TPN file" and "Woflan").

Kind regards,

Eric Verbeek.