To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM 6.6 startup issue (hangs at reading packages)

mwy
mwy
edited February 2017 in - Usage
Hi,

I installed ProM 6.6 and had a bit of trouble since i have to go through a proxy. Adding "-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true" into the BATs and INIs fixed that, but now the EXEs stop with "An error occured while starting the appplication" and the BATs always stop at ">>> Loading packages from http://www.promtools.org/prom6/packages66/AlphaMiner/packages.xml" (I set VERBOSE = ALL in the ProM.INI).

Any help ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Edit: Oh and I tried clearing the plugin cache and deleting the registry entry "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\processmining\framework\plugin\impl"

Comments

• mwy
    mwy
    edited February 2017
    OK issue is resolved and can be closed.
    I simply let the hanging bat run in the background and after aproximately 35-40 minutes the Package Manager GUI came up and started installing.
  • Thanks for reporting the solution mwy. Happy mining!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology