To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to get the model and its data out of ProM

Hey ProM Experts,

I need your help in the technical question how to get the model (for example an bpmn model) and its appropriate data out of ProM to use it for example in SAP HANA. 

I want to import data into ProM, use one of the algorithms in ProM and finally send the model and its additional information back into SAP HANA. 
Does anybody have an idea how the interface between ProM and SAP HANA has to look like? Is there already some kind of "stream" which can help me for solving my problem?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best regards
Holger

Answers

• Hi Holger,

I saw your other post on my blog. ProM's import and export functionality is entirely file system based. If you want to go beyond that, you will have to write your own plugin.

You can get started here: https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/Contribute

Your plugin then should essentially take a BPMN model as input + a String with the destination URL. The code should invoke the BPMN serializer code from the BPMN package (see our SVN repository) and then use a Java library of your choice to stream the model to that URL/web service.

If you want to have the roundtrip SAP HANA -> ProM -> SAP HANA fully command-line based, then my suggestion would be a plugin that takes no input parameters, opens a thread to listen for incoming event data, then invokes the miner of your choice and then returns the model. 

Alternatively, you might want to look into RapidProm: http://rapidprom.org/

Dirk

• Hey Dirk, 

thank you very much for your answer.
    I am currently working on a solution based on rapidprom.
    So thanks for your hint and we will see if it works :smile: 

Best regards
    Holger
  • Hi Holger,

Keep us updated of your solution!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology