To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

A plugin for analyzing flow

Hello All,

I am looking for a plugin that makes it possible to filter traces based on two criteria:
1) The trace fires a particular transition at least once.
2) The plugin can filter transitions which fired more than once within the current trace. For example, filter traces where 'transition1' fired more than once.

Is there something similar available? Basically, I would like to discover loops within the trace, e.g. if the transition fired more than once than the token passed looped back to it. So far, I tried the Multi-perspective process explorer but couldn't really figure it out. Maybe there are some workarounds though. I have a log and I created a petri net using the inductive miner.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Boris

Comments

• Not really sure what you're looking to do. Do you want to be able to filter (include) traces from an event log based upon whether the trace contains a certain activity and depending the number of times this activity has occurred?
  • Not really sure what you're looking to do. Do you want to be able to filter (include) traces from an event log based upon whether the trace contains a certain activity and depending the number of times this activity has occurred?
  • Perhaps a bit too late but yes, this was my intention. If you are familiar with Disco, I would like to have similar filtering to there but also make it more sophisticated, i.e. filter out activities before a certain one etc. Thus, I could dig into the small details without being disturbed by the big picture.
  • Have a look into SubTrace package available in proM Nightly Build. The "Extract trace fragments" may help you
  • Thanks! I will check it out now.