To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM 6: How to deploy a plugin?

Hi,
    I'm trying to test the created plugin (import plugin and visualization) in a ProM 6 environment (not with Eclipse), but I don't know if I added all the necessary files to the jar file. The created archive isn't recognized by the Package Manager.
    Could someone provide the necessary steps that are required for packaging and deploying a plugin to the ProM6 software?

Thank you

Comments

• Hi Gabriel,

As far as I know, the best way to create a plugin is to check out a part of ProM's source code using Eclipse as indicated by Joos in this post. Then, using the checked out code, you can develop your plugin and use it for your own specific purpose.

If you want to have your code published (i.e. recognized by ProM's Package Manager), the best way is to become a ProM developer by following these steps

Regards,
    Arya
  • Hi Gabriel,

To add to the answer of Arya, you might want to check out the 'GettingStarted' package (https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages/GettingStarted/).
    This package demonstrates how you should set up your package and how to launch ProM to include your package without the need to publish it via the package manager.

Of course we hope that you want to publish your package so we can all benefit from your work.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,
         I modified the plugin package structure, as you suggested in the previous post, and run the ant script. I haven't yet figured out how to launch ProM (outside Eclipse) and test the plugin.
        Could you give me more details related to this process?

Regards,
    Gabriel
  • Hi Gabriel,

I'm not sure but you might want to look at the file 'ProM with UITopia (GettingStarted).launch'. This file allows you to start ProM with your package from Eclipse. You might be able to filter out what is exactly done to add your package to ProM.
    Probably together with running the Ant build script you should be able to do the same outside of Eclipse.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi,

If anyone is interested I will provide some steps for including and testing the developed plugin with ProM (without using Eclipse)

1. checkout the project (https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Framework)
    2. make sure that your files are in the 'src-Plugins' folder, under the 'org.processmining.plugins' package
    3. run the ant script ( build.xml )
    4. run the ProM.bat file

Thanks for the help.
  • pudgelvya007
    edited May 2014

thankd

• Hi,

How can i create a  plugin?The method in the wensite is simple.Where can i find the drtials?Thanks.

• Hi pudgelvy007,

What do you mean exactly with "How to create a plugin".

Are you interested in code examples / a dedicated SVN repository for your own plugin?

kind regards,

Sebastiaan.

• Hi all,

maybe my question is kinda trivial ..

anyone can help me with steps of using the getting started package in eclipse and run proM 6.0 from eclipse.. ?

thanks in advance,

• Hi evipane,

Have you check docs at https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/GettingStarted  ? I think there is section about Eclipse. If you are not familiar with Eclipse, most of IDEs can import Eclipse projects.
  • thanks nicksi, the link you gave is very useful, now it's works..