To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

plug-in for a sequential process

Dear all
I have a set of tasks that can have every possible sequence and each sequence has a cost. For example if a process has 5 activities, 5! sequences is possible and Each sequence has a different cost. I have generated data to analyze and see that in cases with less cost, what is the most frequent sequence. This process has to be series in a line but the out put of ProM is not. Does ProM have a plug-in that makes sure the output process model will be completely sequential.
regards,
Sepideh

Comments

• Dear Sepideh,

I don't believe there are such algorithms, since the goal of process discovery is to generalize observed behaviour and detect parallelism where possible.
    Maybe that using a particular discovery technique with specific settings can do this trick, but none come to mind currently.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology