To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

error in step2 of conversion

hello
after making my own mapping and checking connection to database I started conversion and faced this error in Console tab:
2015-08-29 10:35:23: (PROGRESS) Starting step 1 of 6: initialization.
2015-08-29 10:35:27: (PROGRESS) Starting step 2 of 6: Extracting log info.
2015-08-29 10:35:27: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Log. Please make sure that the query syntax is valid for the source database.
2015-08-29 10:35:27: (ERROR) [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'test log'.
2015-08-29 10:35:27: (WARNING) Cancelling execution! Just after running the query.
2015-08-29 10:35:28: (NOTICE) Execution safely terminated

it should be mentioned that my mapping definition is as this:
Attributes tab for Log 
false concept:name test log String Concept
false lifecycle:model
String Lifecycle
false semantic:modelReference
String Semantic
properties tab for Log
From data21.csv AS data21
Where
classifier tab for Log
Activity classifier concept:name lifecycle:transition
Resource classifier org:resource
Attributes for trace 

concept:name

Case ID

String

Concept

semantic:modelReference
String Semantic
properties tab for trace
From

data21.csv AS data21
Where
TraceID Case ID

Attributes tab for event: start event

concept:instance

Case ID

String

Concept

concept:name data21.Activity String Concept

lifecycle:transition "start" String Lifecycle

org:group
String Organizational

org:resource Resource String Organizational

org:role Agent Position String Organizational

time:timestamp Start Date [{dd.MM.yy HH:mm}] Date Time

String Semantic
  properties tab for event: start event
From data21.cvs AS data21
Where
TraceID Case ID
EventOrder timestamp

Attributes tab for Event:complete event
 concept:instance

Case ID

String

Concept

concept:name data21.Acitity String Concept

lifecycle:transition "complete" String Lifecycle

org:group
String Organizational

org:resource Resource String Organizational

org:role Agent Position String Organizational

time:timestamp End Date [{dd.MM.yy HH:mm}] Date Time

String Semantic
properties tab for
From
Event:complete event
data21.cvs AS data21
Where
TraceID Case ID
EventOrder timeatamp

I don't know whats wrong and what should I do. could any one help me??
I would appreciate any comment

Comments

• Dear khadije,

Are you sure you filled in the properties of teh event log object? It needs a table to run a query, even if none are used to extract event log properties.

If this does not help, could you run the mapping again after setting the console logging detail level to debug? This will print the SQL queries send to the database so I can suggest corrections.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Dr Buijs
    thanks a lot for your help. the properties is filled as above. I made your 2th suggestion and it is all printed in console:
    2015-08-31 12:23:56: (PROGRESS) Starting step 1 of 6: initialization.
    2015-08-31 12:23:59: (PROGRESS) Starting step 2 of 6: Extracting log info.
    2015-08-31 12:23:59: (DEBUG) We are about to run the following query to extract the items for Log:
    SELECT test log AS concept_name FROM data21.csv AS data21 
    2015-08-31 12:23:59: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Log. Please make sure that the query syntax is valid for the source database.
    2015-08-31 12:23:59: (ERROR) [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'test log'.
    2015-08-31 12:23:59: (WARNING) Cancelling execution! Just after running the query.
    2015-08-31 12:24:00: (NOTICE) Execution safely terminated
    again I appreciate you

• could any one help me? Dr Buijs i'm waiting your help please answer me as soon as possible 
  • Dear khadije,

Thanks for the extra information, this helps in answering your question.

This shows that the database connection can be made.
    Instead of test log I would add ' around it, now it is looking for the columnn test log in the data21.csv table, which likely does not exist. If you add quotes (either ' or ") it will use the value.
    Could you try this?
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Buijs 
    thanks a lot I made your changes but the error is same as before. may I have defined attributes badly? my data is one excell file with 8 columns named: case id, activity, start date, end date, agent position, customer ID, product and resource respectively.        
  • Dear Khadije,

I would try to remove the space in the column names, and replace them with underscores. Adjust your mapping accordingly. Spaces in column names usually don't work :)
    Joos Buijs

• sorry but it dose not work. I have run your oderdemo example successfully but when I run the Multiple Table csv example the same error appears for Log and Trace extracting. is there any other idea?    
    thanks for your help
  • Dear Khadije,

Could you try to use a generic SQL tool, such as SquirrelSQL to run the query as outputted by XESame? That way we can first test whether there is an issue with XESame. Secondly, SquirrelSQL might produce more insightful error messages.
    Joos Buijs