To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Strange behaviour - parameter matching of plug-ins

JBuijs
edited December 2010 in - Development
Part of a conversation between Andrea Burattin and Boudewijn van Dongen in which Andrea asked:

I have the AuthoredType PLGProcessCollection that extends
Vector<PLGProcess>. When I use it, the action tab matches also the
second parameter of Declare miner, that is just a Vector.
Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Comments

• To which Boudewijn replied:

This not strange behavior at all. You cannot use types with generics (i.e. <?>) as input for plugins. The reason for this is a limitation in Java that generics are only available at build time, not at runtime. ProM is simply unable to verify if the right generics are set, as this information is removed in class files.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology