To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

XESame error in step 6 (NoClassDefFoundError)

wim26
edited July 2015 in - XESame

After having downloaded the latest Prom version (6.5 64 bit) I started creating a model in XESame.

Everything works fine until step 6 (Converting CacheDB to XES). I get a NoClassDefFoundError:

2015-07-30 10:45:17: (PROGRESS) Starting step 6 of 6: Converting Cache DB to XES
Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/processmining
/xeslite/external/XFactoryExternalStore$MapDBDiskSequentialAccessImpl
        at org.processmining.mapper.controller.ExecutionController.convertDBtoXE
S(ExecutionController.java:1505)
        at org.processmining.mapper.controller.ExecutionController.run(Execution
Controller.java:692)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.processmining.xeslite.external.
XFactoryExternalStore$MapDBDiskSequentialAccessImpl
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 3 more

Since there was no other error or waring my assumption would be there is a problem with the program.

Does anyone have the same experience and perhaps a solution?

Answers

• Dear Wim,

Thank you for your message, and I'm sorry to see that you have a problem with XESame.

There seems to be a library missing in the release of XESame. By the end of this month ProM 6.5.1 will be released, I'll make sure that XESame is fixed in this release.

If you can't/won't/don't want to wait you can also check out the XESame code from the repository (if you know how to do this). The code is stored at https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/browser/XESame/trunk

I'm sorry that I cannot provide an easy fix just yet.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology