To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Can't find Genetic Miner plugin in Prom 6.4.1

Shital
edited April 2015 in ProM 6

Hi,

I cannot see Genetic Miner/EvolutionTree plugin in my Prom 6.4.1. What could have gone wrong ?

Regards,

Shital

Answers

• I notice that the EvolutionaryTree Miner exists in Package Manager but I can't see the same in ProM. Should I be looking for some different name here ?

• Dear Shital,

Indeed, you should be searching for the 'ETM' algorithms, where ETMd is the discovery algorithm.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • How can I get the result of last question in excercise 4 as solution show on http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=exercises:exercise4

• Daer 'balv',

The results of question 6 are made by the 'genetic miner' which has ben removed from ProM 6 because it was not performing well.

An improved genetic/evolutionary algorithm is the ETM (Evolutionary Tree Miner), which can also discover several process models, but represents them as a Pareto front, making the differences in quality clear.

Hope this helps.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology