To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Initial Set up issues.

ChrisW75
edited April 2014 in - Usage

OK, the purpose of this post is to firstly note down the steps I've had to take thus far in setting up ProM, and also to get some help with the final issues I'm having.

I'm working on Windows 7 64-bit.

1 - Install Prom 6.3

2 - Install Java JRE (downloaded from here https://www.java.com/en/download/). Note this is not the same thing as installing the Java browser extension.

3 - Add a new key named Prefs to the registry to store preferences to the registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft" using Regedit.  The key is not given a value.

4 - I couldn't install any plug-ins because our work network uses a proxy server and ProM can't be configured to use it.  Eric's suggestion (Thanks Eric!) mirrored my own best guess which was to install to software at home, then copy the directories from my home machine and copy them to my work machine.  The folders needed are "C:\Program Files (x86)\prom-6.3" and "C:\Users\<username>\.ProM63".  I now have all the plug-ins... EXCEPT...

Help!

I still have errors when loading ProM.  In order to launch ProM I'm using the DOS command prompt to run Prom63.bat, as it launches ProM it generates about 16 lines in this form:

Plugin class org.processmining.plugins.mapvis.visualize.VisualizeMapsConnection could not be added as a plugin. At least one variant has to be specified.

and a couple like this:

Method public void org.processmining.plugins.xpdl.export.XPDLExport.export(org.processmining.contexts.cli.CLIPluginContext,org.processmining.models.graphbased.directed.bpmn.BPMNDiagram,java.io.File) throws java.io.IOException could not be added as a plugin. The context should be asked as first parameter and should be a the same, or a superclass of org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UIPluginContext.

Any ideas how to resolve these errors?  Or do I even need to?

Thanks

Chris.

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer

Dear Chris,

These exceptions are common and originate from the different plug-ins/packages.

ProM should work as normal and you do not need to fix/do anything.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• Further notes:

The plugins generating the first type of error message ("At least one variant has to be specified") are

org.processmining.plugins.mapvis.visualize.VisualizeMapsConnection

org.processmining.plugins.mapvisgen.MapVisGenYAWL

org.processmining.plugins.tracealignment.TraceAlignmentConnection

org.processmining.models.connections.fuzzymodeladapted.FuzzyModelAdaptedConnection

org.processmining.plugins.ltlchecker.CheckVisualizerConnection

org.processmining.plugins.ltlchecker.visualizing.LTLViewerConnection

org.processmining.plugins.log.metrics.plugins.DummyComplexityMetric

org.processmining.plugins.log.metrics.plugins.DummyCompletenessMetric

org.processmining.plugins.petrinet.replayfitness.ReplayFitnessConnection

org.processmining.plugins.petrinet.replayfitness.ReplayFitnessConnection

org.processmining.plugins.declare.visualizing.DeclareViewerConnection

org.processmining.plugins.grid.geneticminer.master.AbstractGeneticMinerMaster

org.processmining.plugins.ilpminer.fitness.ILPFitnessConnection

org.processmining.plugins.ilpminer.netproperties.NetPropertiesConnection

org.processmining.plugins.replay.DecomposePetriNetParameters

The plugs generating the Java style error are:

org.processmining.plugins.xpdl.export.XPDLExport.export

org.processmining.plugins.xpdl.exporting.XpdlExportNet.exportXPDLtoFile

• Thanks Joos, does this mean that those particular packages are OK and just not set up fully yet?

• It means that there are some (minor) issues with those packages, which ideally should be solved by the author, but the package as a whole passed the tests and works :)

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology