To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM Import General CSV file

Wan
Wan
edited December 2013 in - ProMimport
Hi, all
     Seems I have the same problem, when I'm using the 'General CSV file', it seems endless, with just a small csv less than 600kB.
      Here is the top 3 lines in my csv file.

SessionID,StartTime,EndTime,Action
1,2013-12-01 18:37:23,2013-12-01 18:39:58,Action
1,2013-12-01 18:37:23,2013-12-01 18:39:58,autosearch

And I have change the Case ID to be 'SessionID', Task ID to be 'Action', StartTime to be ‘StartTime', and End Time to 'EndTime'. Data Format to be 'Y:M:D H:M:S', I also change the format to 'Y-M-D H:M:S' to have a try. Both didn't work, could you tell me why?

Answers

• Dear Wan,

I'm sorry to hear that ProM import fails to load your CSV file.

Since your file is rather small, it might be worth while to check out Disco, a commercial tool from Fluxicon.
    Disco includes process mining techniques, but also allows you to convert a CSV file to the event log format.
    You can find the tool on:
    http://fluxicon.com/disco/

Happy Process Mining!!!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks for your quick response. In fact, my file is much bigger, I just try to use a small one as a test. DIsco and Nitro all have the limit of events for free. Could you tell me some other ways?
  • You could try the key-value plugin in ProM but I'm not that familiar with it so I'm not sure if that is able to handle csv files.

You could also have a look at XESame, but this requires extra work by making the CSV file available through an ODBC/JDBC connection.

Hope this helps :)

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology